Careers in Education
Teaching promises a rewarding, meaningful career. By sharing the love of learning, you can help children and young adults grow and prepare for life.
The UNC-Chapel Hill School of Education offers a variety of paths to prepare you for working in schools. Learn more about our program offerings.
We can help you launch your teaching career. Following are some resources you may use as you begin to make choices about your career path.
- UNC-Chapel Hill’s University Career Services
- Work 4 NC Schools – Full of information about working in N.C. Schools, both teaching and non-teaching positions.
- Licensure information from the Department of Public Instruction
- Salary & Benefits information from the N.C. Department of Public Instruction
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Teaching- Job Outlook, Training and Overview
- State and Federal Scholarship and Loan Information
- US News and World Report: The 50 Best Careers of 2011 – among the top careers projected to see more job openings and higher salaries for the coming years are a few positions in education.
- Opportunities Abound for Special Education Teachers
- Education Jobs Among Fastest Growing Nationwide
- Teaching Abroad
Job search information
- Interactive Map of North Carolina School Systems – Click on the county and most links will take you directly to human resources for individual school districts.
- Complete N.C. School District List
- DPI online application – Refers to the electronic application available through the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.