How to Apply & Deadlines

Application Instructions for Incoming First-Year Students

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for first-year admissions.

Students interested in the Human Development and Family Studies program can indicate that on the Common Application. A formal application to the program will be required in the Spring of your second year.

Students interested in the UNC BEST or Music Education programs can apply to the School of Education once they have established a UNC GPA that meets the admissions requirements and have successfully completed at least two courses in your subject area on the UNC Chapel Hill campus.

Students interested in the combined BA / MAT program will apply after they have begun their study on the UNC Chapel Hill campus. Click here to read more about this program.